Stripe Payment Gateway
This add-on Stripe payment gateway allows you to accept credit cards directly on your site through your Stripe.com account. When purchasing downloads through the Stripe gateway with Easy Digital Downloads for WordPress, users enter their credit card details during the checkout process and never leave your site, resulting in a better experience for the user, and more successful conversions for you.
Includes complete support for the Recurring Payments extension.
Version 1.9.1, October 14, 2014
- Updated the Stripe API to the latest version
- Improved error logging to help diagnose API connection errors
- Added support for linking the charge ID in View Order Details to the Stripe charge details page (coming in future EDD version)
Version 1.9, September 30, 2014
- Added the "statement_description" argument to Charges to specify what shows up on customer's bank statements
- Added the customer's email address to charge metadata
Version 1.8.9, August 27, 2014
- Updated the Stripe API libraries to the latest version
Version 1.8.8, August 22, 2014
- Fixed a bug with sites that have a lot of different recurring payment plans.
Version 1.8.7, July 29, 2014
- Fixed a bug with duplicate signup payments being created
- Updated the currency settings to use edd_get_currency()
Version 1.8.6, July 25, 2014
- Better error handling in the Stripe webhook processor.
Version 1.8.5, July 17, 2014
- Better error catching during batch processing of preapproved payments.
- Better check of the subscription payment recording process
Version 1.8.4, July 10, 2014
- Added proper support for zero-decimal currencies in Stripe.
Version 1.8.3, July 9, 2014
- Better error handling for customer retrieval from Stripe.
Version 1.8.2, July 8, 2014
- Fixed a bug with incorrect taxes being charged on recurring payments
Version 1.8.1, June 27, 2014
- Fixed "Nothing to invoice for customer" error message
Version 1.8, June 8, 2014
- Added support for automatically refunding Charges in Stripe when Payments are marked as Refunded.
Version 1.7.8, June 5, 2014
- Fixed an issue with invoice items getting charged separately from signup.
- Fixed an issue with signup fees being charged incorrectly.
Version 1.7.7, June 1, 2014
Fixed a bug with recurring payment signups sometimes getting billed incorrect amounts.
Version 1.7.6, May 27, 2014
Fixed a "race condition" issue with recurring payments and Stripe webhooks.
Version 1.7.5, May 13, 2014
Fixed a potential security flaw for servers that log post data.
Version 1.7.4, April 14, 2014
Fixed a bug with recurring payment tracking.
Version 1.7.3, April 12, 2014
Updated the Stripe API libraries to the latest version.
Version 1.7.2, April 3, 2014
Added better transaction error handling.
Fixed a bug with tracking recurring payments for subscriptions.
Version 1.7.1, February 16, 2014
Fixed an issue with declined cards not getting caught.
Version 1.7, February 5, 2014
Fixed a bug with Recurring Payments that could result in a failed transaction being considered as complete.
Added better error handling for declined cards and other Stripe API failures.
Added a check to detect if a customer has been deleted.
Version 1.6.7, January 2, 2014
Fixed an issue where Stripe would attempt to use the same customer ID for both test and live mode, resulting in failed transactions.
Fixed an undefined index error.
Fixed an issue with recurring payments not getting logged after the first payment.
Fixed an issue with past customers possible using the wrong stored credit card on new purchases.
Fixed an issue with discount codes and recurring subscription signups.
Updated edd-stripe.js for EDD v1.6 compatibility.
Fixed a bug with the currency not always getting passed to Stripe, resulting in failed purchases.
Added support for preapproved payments for integration with Crowd Funding plugins.
Fixed an issue with occasional pending payments.
Added support for the Recurring Payments extension.
Fixed a bug with the Missing Stripe Token error.
Improved code formatting and documentation.
Improved checkout error display.
Removed jQuery validation.
EDD version 1.4.3 is strongly suggested for this gateway version.
Fixed a bug with Missing Stripe Token.
Fixed a broken loading image.
Fixed a problem with JS validation requiring a double click.
Upgraded the credit card form with address and billing info for improved security, especially to help prevent chargebacks.
All address info associated with the card is now sent to Stripe, instead of just the number, name, and expiration.
Fixed an issue with jQuery validation.
Fixed an issue with the ajax indicator.
Fixed a problem caused by disabling jQuery form validation.
Fixed a conflict with jQuery validate and also fixed a problem with processing cards in Firefox.
Added Stripe JS fallback support for sites that can't use Stripe JS.
Fixed a problem with processing cards after first payment attempt fails.
Fixed a compatibility problem with EDD v1.3.2
Fixed a problem with processing payments when ajax is disabled.
Add conditional check for existence of Stripe class to prevent conflicts.
Fixed a possible bug with setting the Stripe publishable key.
Fixed a bug that prevented purchases from succeeded on the first try when using ajax and multiple payment gateways.
Removed name attributes from input fields to improve PCI compliance.
Improved code formatting.
Removed a "test" alert message that was left in by accident.
Fixed a JS bug that preventing purchasing with other gateways activated at the same time as Stripe.
Added Stripe JS or better card validation and security.
Added new automatic upgrade system for valid license key holders.
Added unique IDs to the fieldset and P tags to aid in styling.
Fixed a bug with the currency.
Added full currency support in order for Canadian sellers to utilize Stripe in Canada
Fixed a bug with errors not showing when a payments fails to process
Fixed a bug with pending payments
Updated field inputs with placeholders.