Two weeks ago we announced the first beta version of Easy Digital Downloads 2.2 was ready for testing. Today we are pleased to announce that the first release candidate for 2.2 is now available and ready for last minute testing before the final release on Tuesday next week.
This update contains more than 40 significant improvements and bug fixes. The majority of this release has been focused on improving the UI and experience of existing features and developer APIs. There are, however, a few noticeable new features that all users should enjoy.
The highlights for version 2.2 include:
- A new quantity field displayed above the purchase buttons (if item quantities are enabled). #2125
- Transaction IDs can now be linked directly to the payment detail page in the payment processor. #2701
- The product drop down UI has been made more intuitive. #2698
- The Taxes settings tab has been re-organized to be much more intuitive. #2690
- Variable price options now support selecting a default price. #2668
- The [purchase_link] short code can now be setup for a specific price option. #2574, #2585, #2668
- The View Order Details screen has been re-organized. #2518
- A new EDD_Download class has been introduced for developers. #2214
- The EDD_Fees API now supports product specific fees. #1848
- A new WP CLI command for creating sample payment records. #2601
Note: please do not install this on a live site unless you are prepared for possible hiccups. You should always backup your site before installing new versions, especially beta versions.
If you wish to test the release candidate, simply download it from the link above and install it just like any other version. Please leave any feedback you have or problems you find in the comments below.
Version 2.2 will be released on Tuesday of next week, the 9th of December.
You can see the complete list of bug fixes and improvements on Github.