The final release of Easy Digital Downloads version 2.6 is scheduled for June 23rd, 2016. That’s two weeks from today. In preparation for the release, the second beta version is now available for testing.
There are numerous significant improvements in 2.6 and we would like to encourage all theme and plugin developers, as well as store owners, to test the beta version as soon as possible so that we can ensure the final release goes smoothly.
2.6 includes more than 360 commits from 12 different contributors. Since beta 1, there have been 52 commits with further improvements.
Testing the beta
To ensure that the update to version 2.6 goes smoothly, we need as many people as possible to help test the beta. Every bug that we catch between now and the final release is one less problem for live sites.
Please do not test this beta on a live site. Use a staging or development site.
The latest version of the beta may be downloaded from GitHub.
There are numerous important changes in 2.6. See the beta 1 post for everything that’s new.
Since beta 1, we have made a few significant adjustments.
Adjusted UI for CSV import
In beta 1, the CSV import UI looked like this:
Now it looks like this:
Aside from the UI changes, several important changes were made to the import process:
- A live data preview has been added. When selecting a column in the CSV, a preview of that column will be shown.
- Payment export and import now match more closely, allowing for more seamless EDD-to-EDD exports and imports.
- Customer records can now be imported with multiple email addresses properly.
- Per-item amounts and per-item taxes now import properly when importing an EDD payment export.
Help text and tooltips
To assist new users in setting up Easy Digital Downloads, we have added a significant amount of new help text throughout the plugin. We have also introduced tooltips on many pages that offer more in-depth explanations of UI elements and options.
Other changes and bug fixes:
- Fixed missing and incorrect text domains
- Fixed fatal error in System Info report for some systems
- Fixed an incorrect instantiation of EDD_Customer
- Fixed an issue with missing customer records on Buy Now purchases through PayPal
- Fixed an issue with user roles being created on every page load of wp-admin
- Added IP address to payment history export
- Added currency code to payment history export
- Added purchase mode to payment history export
- Added item price and tax to Purchased Products (Raw) column
Have a question or comment? Think you found a bug? Let us know by leaving a comment below!