A couple weeks back, we announced the first beta of Easy Digital Downloads 2.8. Today, the second beta is ready for testing. Most of the changes in the second beta are bug fixes, with a few improvements you may want to take note of.
- Profile Editor does not properly save state when country is changed.
- Remove checks for DISABLE_WP_CRON constant to run after payment actions.
- Error in payment count MySQL statement when searching by post parent.
- When first and last name changes for existing customer, update customer record.
- Incorrect ID attribute on profile editor ‘confirm password’ field.
- Use ‘document.body’ in jQuery selectors for performance improvements.
- Detect if user enters full credit card number in card name field, and prevent checkout if a card format is detected.
Testing the beta
To ensure that the update to version 2.8 goes smoothly, we need as many people as possible to help test the beta. Every bug that we catch between now and the final release is one less problem for live sites.
The latest version of the beta may be downloaded from GitHub.