Cash for referrals
Earn 20% commission on every single referral that results in a successful sale. With over 100 extensions to promote, there's no limit to how much you can earn by referring others to Easy Digital Downloads.
Don't waste time worrying about promotional tools. We provide dozens of high quality banners and HTML snippets complete with your affiliate ID, making setup and promotion a breeze.
Fine-tune your marketing strategy based on real data found in your affiliate area. Referral data, conversion statistics, and earnings reports are always up-to-date and easily accessible.
30-day cookie lifetime
After clicking your referral link, a cookie is stored in a potential customer's browser. This allows 30 days to come back and complete a purchase, increasing the likelihood of a successful conversion.
Direct Link Tracking
From your secure site, link directly to Easy Digital Downloads without using your referral URL. Increase the chances of a successful referral using clean, SEO-friendly links.
Create your own affiliate campaigns to better track the performance of your referral links. Separated campaign data is provided to help you determine which promotion tactics perform best.
This agreement is designed with you in mind, as well as to protect Easy Digital Downloads, and our customers.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, awesome! You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote Easy Digital Downloads via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more!
Affiliate commissions and payouts
You’ll earn 20% affiliate commission when a customer purchases a new Easy Digital Downloads license using your referral link. The 20% is based on the total cart amount that a customer spends when referred through your link.
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD directly to your bank account or debit card in the first week of every month. As we have a 14-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days.
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must register your bank account or debit card with our payouts service. Alternatively we do offer PayPal Payouts for those that cannot use bank or card-based payouts.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address). We do not offer recurring referrals.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- You’ll receive 20% commission for every new sale you refer (20% on the total purchase cost)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out to your bank account or debit card (or PayPal if necessary)
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Direct Link Tracking
We offer Direct Link Tracking, so you can skip the referral link (e.g. ?ref=123 or /ref/123) when you link directly to our site from your https:// website. You can submit a direct link for your own website in the Settings tab of your Affiliate Area. We’ll review your direct link submission, and when it’s approved you’ll no longer need to use a referral link when linking to EasyDigitalDownloads.com directly from your site! Awesome!
Note: Direct Link Tracking is only available if your site has an SSL certificate, and therefore the https:// protocol. We will only approve websites that are 100% owned by you.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from Easy Digital Downloads These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Easy Digital Downloads affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Easy Digital Downloads. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by Easy Digital Downloads will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Easy Digital Downloads and need some more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase an Easy Digital Downloads extension(s), or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Dormant affiliate accounts
Please don’t leave us! We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Easy Digital Downloads to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Easy Digital Downloads, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. But we don’t even want to go there right now, right?! Let’s work together to help you start earning some cash!
Easy Digital Downloads Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
How you promote Easy Digital Downloads is reflected in the commission you earn. We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Easy Digital Downloads and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about digital eCommerce and selling digital products, and mention Easy Digital Downloads!
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Easy Digital Downloads, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about digital eCommerce, or how to start a store that sells digital products, or Easy Digital Downloads and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about affiliate marketing with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
- Please let us know about any activity you do! We may be able to help you out with resources or more information to ensure the content you are providing to your audience is factual and valuable.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too. The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off - they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. :) But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- Easy Digital Downloads may not be promoted on coupon or deal sites. Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for Easy Digital Downloads, so this method adds no value to Easy Digital Downloads. Additionally, we do not offer affiliate discount codes.
- Promoting incorrect or misleading information
Any promotional activity that shares incorrect or misleading information will result in affiliate account deactivation. This includes false information intended to click-bait potential customers. If you are unsure of the correct information or details for promoting Easy Digital Downloads, please contact us.
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited. Links, ads, emails, comments, any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Easy Digital Downloads. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited. This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for awesome allowed promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Easy Digital Downloads. Affiliates aren’t employees of Easy Digital Downloads or Sandhills Development, LLC, and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Easy Digital Downloads is prohibited. Please don’t do this. Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Easy Digital Downloads site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes). If you need content or specific graphics, please ask, and we may be able to provide it to you. We also have banners which can be found in your Affiliate Area!
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Easy Digital Downloads is prohibited (and ethically uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us. :)
Consequences of using prohibited promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to take this action and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. We recommend using good promotional methods as described in this agreement to avoid any potential referral rejections and/or account deactivation!
The final (but important) stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Sandhills Development, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Sandhills Development, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Phew! Sound good? Great! Thanks for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We can’t wait to have you on board!