Priority support is a service we offer to all customers that want or need faster, more in-depth support for their issues or questions. Priority support tickets are always at the top of our queue, so they get addressed much more quickly than other tickets.
Since priority support is a paid service, we want all priority support customers to get their money’s worth and for them to be happy with the support they receive.
Over the last two years, we’ve noticed a couple of dynamics that have surprised us.
When we created Priority Support, we thought of it this way:
- Some people will pay monthly because they want help getting started.
- Some people will pay yearly because they want regular and priority support.
With that, we assumed that those of you that paid monthly would only pay for a month – maybe two.
We were wrong.
Sure, some folks did that, but we also noticed others ended up staying a whole year at the monthly rate – which is far more expensive than paying the yearly fee.
We like money, just like everyone else, but we never want people to look back and regret their experience with Easy Digital Downloads. Ever.
The other thing that surprised us was that those who did sign up for the monthly support didn’t end up asking most of their questions in the first few days. It took some folks weeks.
So we’re making some changes.
We’re still going to offer the great support we always have. We’ve worked on 4200 tickets already this year and we don’t plan to stop.
But now we’re going to change our pricing to better reflect how users are using it.
The new Priority Support options will be:
- $99 – 45 days of in-depth setup assistance, trouble shooting, and access to Priority Support.
- $299 – Yearly access to Priority Support and in-depth setup assistance and trouble shooting.
Details of our changes
We’ve made the first plan longer than a month, to make sure everyone gets their setup and troubleshooting taken care of.
We’ve removed the monthly setup because people were paying over $450/year for Priority Support simply because it was an automatic recurring charge.
We’ve made the 45 day support plan a one-time payment that doesn’t renew. You’ll be able to purchase it again if you need it, but we won’t do it automatically for you.
Both options will grant the same level of access to the Priority Support forum and will allow the support staff to assist with any issue you have in as timely a manner as possible.
And while our $299 is lower than the $450 some people paid, it’s still more than our $129 rate we’ve had. We’ve done that to make sure that our support continues to be sustainable as we keep adding stellar resources to our team.
We take priority support very seriously. So serious in fact that anytime a priority ticket is opened, the team is practically bombarded with notifications.
- A notification is sent directly to our team’s internal chat system
- An email notification is sent to all team members
- A push notification is sent directly to my phone and the phone of several of the team
Priority support is absolutely a priority for us, so we do our best to answer priority questions as quickly as we can.
I’d like to personally thank every single one of our valued customers for helping us get to where we are today. I raise my glass to all of you wonderful people.
- This change will take effect on August 12, 2014
- Existing priority support customers will not be affected in any way. All current subscriptions will remain unchanged.