Easy Digital Downloads version 1.0.8 has just been released. Most of the updates that this version brings are under the hood, and you may not even notice them, but it’s still an important release.
We have made a lot of improvements in the entire code base, primarily with extensive code documentation, thanks to Matt, as well as some better organization. A lot of minor bugs were fixed as well, and one big new feature was added.
Since v1.0, there has been a [download_history] short code that was used to display a list of all files a user has purchased. This short code was a little limited, however, as it did not include dates, amounts, or IDs of purchases. It just listed the files. For this reason, we have now introduced the [purchase_history] short code, which can be used for displaying a detailed list of all orders the user has purchased. See the screenshot below for an example:
Complete list of changes:
- Added the [purchase_history] shortcode for showing a detailed list of user’s purchases
- Improved the names of the widgets
- Fixed a CSS bug with the Add Ons page
- Added the edd_get_checkout_uri() function for use by themes
- Fixed a couple of bugs with the login/register checkout forms
- Dramatically improved code documentation
- Fixed an incorrectly named parameter in the edd_after_download_content hook