Over the last several months, we have been working diligently on Easy Digital Downloads version 2.2 and we are almost ready for everyone to start getting their hands on it. This first beta version is still a little rough around the edges but by letting everyone who wishes to start playing with it now, we can work out all of the kinks within a few weeks when the time comes to push out the update to everyone.
This update contains more than 40 significant improvements and bug fixes. The majority of this release has been focused on improving the UI and experience of existing features and developer APIs. There are, however, a few noticeable new features that all users should enjoy.
The highlights for version 2.2 include:
- A new quantity field displayed above the purchase buttons (if item quantities are enabled). #2125
- Transaction IDs can now be linked directly to the payment detail page in the payment processor. #2701
- The product drop down UI has been made more intuitive. #2698
- The Taxes settings tab has been re-organized to be much more intuitive. #2690
- Variable price options now support selecting a default price. #2668
- The [purchase_link] short code can now be setup for a specific price option. #2574, #2585, #2668
- The View Order Details screen has been re-organized. #2518
- A new EDD_Download class has been introduced for developers. #2214
- The EDD_Fees API now supports product specific fees. #1848
- A new WP CLI command for creating sample payment records. #2601
Note: please do not install this beta on a live site. You should always backup your site before installing new versions, especially beta versions.
If you wish to test the beta, please leave any feedback you have or problems you find in the comments below.
We hope to release version 2.2 within two weeks but that date depends largely on the valuable feedback from our beta testers, so thank you for any feedback you have!
You can see the complete list of bug fixes and improvements on Github.
Oh Wow!!!! I’m so excited. Roll on two weeks and well done guys:)
I am very like with the [purchase_link] enhancement, hope the stable release soon 🙂
Good work guys 🙂
– In taxex tab Apply to whole country is missing id. Therefore we can’t check my clicking Apply to whole country. Not sure if this intentional.
– That’s all I could find, nice job!
Do you mean the label is missing the for attribute? I just tested it and don’t see any issues. The label works fine.
Did you mean something else?
for attribute is not missing but is missing id attribute.
Ups, comment just eat some of html. I mean id is missing from input (tax_rates[global]).
The label is working fine for me but I’ll look closer.
I came to this late, but maybe feedback is not too late (is there a beta 2?)
The action ‘edd_payment_view_details’ in view-order-details.php is called twice. This is not the same as 2.1.10.
The first instance on line 263 (I believe erroneous) has a comment ‘This is an old hook left here for backwards compatibility’. But this action is not called in this location in earlier versions. The second instance is the one that exists in earlier versions.
It’s an action I use to display additional customer specific VAT information. In the beta this information appears twice, the first time redundantly.
Whoops! I’ll fix that 🙂
Thanks. Downloaded the update from Github.
Its a great plugin and full of option and i really love your work, but after upgrading Easy Digital Downloads to 2.2.1 version it is showing white screen of death in admin area, but working fine in front.
I am also using
– Easy Digital Downloads
– Genesis Connect for Easy Digital Downloads
I want to share the issue.
Hi, . Thanks for letting us know. Can you open up a ticket in the support forums so we can track down the issue? https://easydigitaldownloads.com/support/forum/basic/ Please include your system information in the ticket (Downloads -> Tools -> System Info). Thanks!