Over the last several months, we have been working diligently on Easy Digital Downloads version 2.2 and we are almost ready for everyone to start getting their hands on it. This first beta version is still a little rough around the edges but by letting everyone who wishes to start playing with it now, we can work out all of the kinks within a few weeks when the time comes to push out the update to everyone.
This update contains more than 40 significant improvements and bug fixes. The majority of this release has been focused on improving the UI and experience of existing features and developer APIs. There are, however, a few noticeable new features that all users should enjoy.
The highlights for version 2.2 include:
- A new quantity field displayed above the purchase buttons (if item quantities are enabled). #2125
- Transaction IDs can now be linked directly to the payment detail page in the payment processor. #2701
- The product drop down UI has been made more intuitive. #2698
- The Taxes settings tab has been re-organized to be much more intuitive. #2690
- Variable price options now support selecting a default price. #2668
- The [purchase_link] short code can now be setup for a specific price option. #2574, #2585, #2668
- The View Order Details screen has been re-organized. #2518
- A new EDD_Download class has been introduced for developers. #2214
- The EDD_Fees API now supports product specific fees. #1848
- A new WP CLI command for creating sample payment records. #2601
Note: please do not install this beta on a live site. You should always backup your site before installing new versions, especially beta versions.
If you wish to test the beta, please leave any feedback you have or problems you find in the comments below.
We hope to release version 2.2 within two weeks but that date depends largely on the valuable feedback from our beta testers, so thank you for any feedback you have!
You can see the complete list of bug fixes and improvements on Github.