Version 3.2.2 — September 21, 2023
- PayPal: The IPN Backup for PayPal was fixed to prevent a fatal error.
- PayPal: Improved the Buy Now with PayPal payments to bypass Checkout only when Buy Now is fully supported.
- PayPal: Improved the reliability of the PayPal IPN listener.
- Stripe: Improved the Buy Now with Stripe payments to bypass Checkout only when Buy Now is fully supported by the product.
- Stripe: The State/Region ensures that it is updated when the Country field is changed.
- Emails: Further improved the reliability of payment emails and admin payment notifications.
- Customers: Migrating the customer data from EDD 2.x to EDD 3.x is now more reliable.
- Customers: Existing guest customers can now use the EDD Registration form to create a user.
- Customers: Improved the customer email address detection and reliability.
- Payments: Updated the customer recent payments list to use the correct date format.
- Blocks: Improved the reliability of checkout when EDD Blocks or Gutenberg are disabled.
Version 3.8.9 — September 20, 2023
- Improved: Revoking of licenses now supports the ‘On Hold’ status added in EDD 3.2.0 and no longer disables a license if an order is partially refunded.
- Improved: Improved license renewal cost calculations for licenses sold on a single-priced download, which is later changed to a variable-priced product.
Version 3.2.1 — September 11, 2023
- Stripe: We’ve improved the error handling and informational messaging related to the Stripe Payments integration.
- PayPal: When new features are added to the PayPal integration, a background process attempts to register new payment endpoints automatically.
- API: Accessing the file download logs via the EDD API now supports querying by both customer ID and customer email address.
Version 3.0.1 — September 11, 2023
- Fix: Ensure that the pre-approval feature functionality is available when needed to process capturing a pre-authorized payment.
Version 2.0.4 — September 8, 2023
- Important: Now requires PHP 7.2 or greater, EDD 2.11 or greater, and WordPress 4.9 or greater.
- New: Authorize.net has been updated to support the EDD Gateway settings API.
- New: The billing address information (if provided) is added to the Pre-Authorization charges when purchasing subscriptions.
- Fix: The order date in EDD 3.0+ was incorrect for subscription orders.
- Fix: Pre-authorization charges for subscriptions were not properly checking the error status before continuing to create ARB Subscriptions.
- Fix: Declined transactions could still complete in some cases in EDD.
Version 3.2.0 — September 7, 2023
- New: Added the ability to generate unique discount codes when creating new discounts.
Lite & Pro
- Important: This release requires PHP 7.4 or higher and WordPress 5.8 or higher.
- Important: Amazon Pay has been formally deprecated and is no longer available for new installs. Existing stores using Amazon Pay are encouraged to explore other options.
- New: PHP 8.1 is now fully supported.
- New: Discount codes can now be applied to specific price variations.
- New: A discount code can now be set to include or exclude specific download categories.
- New: Store owners can now archive discount codes, to make managing their promotions simpler.
- New: The discount list now has improved visibility for the status and usage of discounts.
- New: A new ‘Service’ product type was added to the Product Type dropdown, to allow for non-downloadable products.
- New: Disputed payments in PayPal and Stripe set the order to a new ‘On Hold’ status, and restrict access to downloads.
- New: When a payment is disputed with PayPal or Stripe, a link to the dispute is added to the view order details in the admin along with order notes.
- New: The date that the completed order actions were run is now stored as part of the order itself, not as metadata, and will be displayed more clearly on the order details screens. Existing meta will be migrated in the background; notifications will be updated to keep store owners advised of progress.
- Improvement: Purchase receipts are now sent using deferred actions, to improve the performance of the payment processing.
- Improvement: The bundle product metabox has been improved for performance on sites with many products.
- Improvement: The query for non-bundled products has been updated to be more performant, specifically when editing a download product.
- Improvement: Improved performance of checkout and customer lookups by conditionally running legacy hooks and filters that contained payment objects.
- Improvement: Site Health and telemetry now check the health of the REST API via a test endpoint.
- Improvement: The application fee for Stripe payments is removed for pass holders who have access to the Stripe Pro extension even if they do not have Stripe Pro installed.
- Improvement: Easy Digital Downloads’ block styles have been updated for non block themes to load only when the block is rendered.
- Improvement: The EDD Products block now allows products to be filtered by author.
- Fix: Update Stripe’s non-licensed application fee to 3%.
- Fix: Stripe Payment Elements no longer supported a theme of ‘none’, and ‘stripe’ has been defaulted.
- Fix: Added hardening around viewing the adjustments list table.
- Fix: To avoid conflicts with other plugins, critical vendor libraries have been moved to the EDD namespace.
- Fix: Regional support for Stripe now checks the Stripe account country before checking the store country.
- Fix: PayPal Commerce orders where not always being completed when using the confirmation page.
- Fix: The Stripe Payment Element now uses the browser’s locale for localization.
- Fix: Using the Import tool could produce a fatal error.
- Fix: Discount codes resulting in a 100% discount could restrict the cart from allowing the user to complete the purchase.
- Fix: Saved carts were not correctly saving for some users.
- Fix: When saving a cart with Stripe as the active gateway, the message stating the cart was saved was removed prematurely.
- Fix: Recalculating a customer’s stats was not always being scheduled correctly.
- Fix: Malformed add to cart URLs could result in a PHP warning being thrown.
- Fix: Flat discount can result in an incorrect rounding total depending on the cart conditions.
- Fix: Viewing the order details of a migrated order that had its discount deleted looked incomplete.
- Fix: It was possible for sites with incompatible MySQL versions to not see the appropriate warnings.
- Fix: Attempting to activate a pass with an empty license key could appear to be stuck.
- Fix: Stripe could attempt to update a property that is not supported by the Stripe API.
- Fix: New PayPal Commerce subscriptions might not be correctly marked as complete.
- Fix: EDD Blocks placeholder styles could interfere with WordPress Core placeholders.
- Fix: Additional, not officially supported fee data is now stored as order adjustment metadata.
- Dev: Many filters and hooks that passed
EDD_Paymentobjects now have a complimentary hook or filter that uses
- Dev: Easy Digital Downloads is no longer registering the
- Dev: Easy Digital Downloads – Core now holds the Stripe base code, and Stripe Pro 3.0.0 only contains pro features.
- Dev: Code for old, unsupported versions of PHP has been removed.
- Dev: A new
edd_after_order_actionshook has been introduced to manage all events which should happen when an order is created. This uses the order object for improved performance and any usage of
edd_after_payment_actionsshould be updated accordingly.
- i18n: 141 Additions, 199 Removals/Location Changes, 17 Differences (counts are approximate).
Version 3.0.0 — September 7, 2023
- Important: Requires Easy Digital Downloads 3.1.4 or greater, PHP 7.1 or greater, and WordPress 5.4 or greater.
- New: Updated to use the Easy Digital Downloads Extension Registry for consistency.
- New: Reduces code redundancy by removing Stripe core functionality that is already included in Easy Digital Downloads Core.
- New: Application fees are now based on license status. You need to activate and maintain a valid license key to remove application fees from purchases.
Version 1.2.5 — August 9, 2023
- New: When the license for an All Access product is disabled, the pass is disabled.
- Improvement: Enabling All Access on a product is now handled by the product type.
- Improvement: Shortcodes for variable products now cover all price IDs by default, unless specifically set.
- Fix: It was possible for a pass with the total price variations set to 0 to still prevent users from accessing specific variations.
- Fix: The download limit was not always set for a pass.
- Fix: The pass expiration date for subscriptions with a free trial did not correctly sync with the subscription when the initial trial was complete.
- Fix – Commissions: All Access did not correctly calculate how a commission should be split when that setting was selected for a product.
- Dev: Licensing has been updated to use EDD’s extension registry.
- Dev: The extension no longer uses
get_page_by_title, which was deprecated in WordPress 6.2.
- Dev: The minimum versions have been updated to PHP 7.1, WordPress 5.4, and EDD 3.0.
Version 220.127.116.11 — August 7, 2023
- Fix: Revert cancelled subscriptions past their expiration date from having their status updated to ‘expired’ to avoid possible looping of status updates.
Version 2.11.11 — July 26, 2023
- Fix: One time discounts did not correctly update the cart total.
- Fix: Stripe actions could run for subscriptions for other gateways.
- Dev: After payment actions are updated to use new functionality scheduled for EDD 3.2.
Version 3.1.5 — July 21, 2023
- Fix: India Regions were not being properly loaded.
- Fix: Fixed compatibility with PHP 7.1 when adding a new discount.
- Dev: Tax settings tab was overriding the base class method for getting the ID.
Version 18.104.22.168 — July 21, 2023
- Automatic license renewals could incorrectly cancel subscriptions.
Version 3.1.4 — July 19, 2023
- Improvement: The checkout cart markup is now aware if the cart is using the shortcode or the block.
- Improvement: A filter has been added to the structured data for products to allow extensions to add additional offers.
- Improvement: The email marker (tagging) experience has been updated to be more accessible and easier to use.
- Improvement: It is now possible to update the sequential start number as long as it does not conflict with existing orders.
- Improvement: The current file name is now stored with the file download log.
- Improvement: The emails on the order details screen have been updated to always include the customer’s primary address, even if it wasn’t used on an order.
- Fix: When the “last month” had fewer days than “month to date”, reporting could incorrectly cross months.
- Fix: The
edd_link_helperfunction could sometimes have an empty UTM medium attribute.
- Fix: Checkbox inputs for privacy/terms are now marked required with the HTML5 attribute.
- Fix: The Recapture onbording process could inconsistently fail to install or connect.
- Fix – Stripe: Recurring products with free trials were immediately creating an invoice with Payment Elements.
- Fix – Stripe: When using Payment Elements, clicking the purchase button did not show the loading animation.
- Fix – Stripe: Stripe data will be included in the Site Health debug information with EDD 3.1.4.
- Fix – Stripe: The list of countries which do not allow application fees has been updated.
- i18n: All countries and states are now translation ready.
- i18n: We have started the process of updating strings to add comments for translators where recommended.
- Dev: Hooks have been added to the license update/delete methods.
- Dev: EDD’s pointer registration has been updated so that extensions can hook into it.
- Dev: EDD now has a status badge utility class to allow order status badges to be more universally used.
- Dev: The
edd_set_upgrade_completefunction is now in a file that’s loaded outside of the admin, so it can be used in cron upgrades.
- Dev: The EDD debugging information under Site Health can now be filtered so that extensions can add key data.
- Dev: Extensions which use the EDD extension registry will attempt to validate the pro pass license before the individual extension license.
- Dev: The EDD debug log description has been updated to link to a support doc explaining the
- Dev: The
edd_get_utc_date_stringhelper function has been created to simplify getting a formatted UTC date.
- Dev: The EDD settings have been refactored for readability.
Version 2.11.10 — July 19, 2023
- Important: Recurring Payments now requires a minimum of WordPress 4.9 and Easy Digital Downloads 3.0.
- Improvement: PayPal Commerce subscriptions have be updated to correctly cancel the subscription after two failed payment attempts. Existing subscriptions will be updated accordingly.
- Improvement: Recurring reports in EDD 3.0+ have been updated to accurately group orders based on the store time zone.
- Improvement: Cancelled subscriptions past their expiration date will now be marked as expired. Developers using the
edd_subscription_expiredhook will want to check their code.
- Fix: If
edd_get_receipt_page_uriis available, the transactions shortcode did not link to the correct receipt.
- Fix: Existing users who were not already customers were prevented from purchasing in some scenarios.
- Fix: Refunding a subscription would send a cancellation email.
- Fix: Expiration notices were still emailed when a subscription was refunded.
- Fix: The Content Restriction integration could allow users to all variations rather than those expressly set.
- Fix: Recurring discounts now work with free trials.
- Fix: Stripe cancellation errors no longer show markup in subscription notes.
- Fix: A failing subscription that is cancelled in Stripe was not correctly cancelled in EDD.
- Fix: Cancelling a subscription in Stripe did not update the subscription in EDD.
- Fix: Querying subscriptions with a
nullprice ID did not return subscriptions for single-price products.
- Fix: If a free trial was in the cart and a discount was added, the cart total was incorrect.
- Fix: Upgrading or renewing a licensed product could cancel the existing subscription prior to the new subscription being created.
- Fix: Some users were incorrectly denied access when limiting downloads to active subscribers.
get_page_by_titlewas deprecated in WordPress 6.2; Recurring now uses
- Dev: The plugin installation and upgrade process has been improved to reduce the load on a website.
edd_recurring_add_payment_pre_argshas been added for developers who need to modify payment details before adding renewals to the database.
- Dev: The database query methods have been updated to ensure consistency between getting and counting subscriptions.
Version 2.9.6 — July 5, 2023
- Fix: Recurring products with free trials were immediately creating an invoice with Payment Elements.
- Fix: When using Payment Elements, clicking the purchase button did not show the loading animation.
- Fix: The list of countries which do not allow application fees has been updated.
- i18n: Comments have been updated for translators.
- Improvement: Stripe data will be included in the Site Health debug information with EDD 3.1.4.
Version 2.4.1 — June 29, 2023
- Fix: FES vendors could have a fatal error when viewing a customer order with a shipped product.
Version 3.1.3 — June 28, 2023
- Improvement: Licensing messages for third party extensions no longer link to the main EDD site.
- Improvement: The default number of tax rates to query has been increased.
- Fix: Using a custom
straight_to_gatewaylink did not add a product to the cart.
- Fix: Products which are marked as having variable prices, but which don’t have any prices, could cause a PHP notice or error.
- Fix: Duplicate purchase receipt emails could be sent when editing an order.
- Fix: The product sales export was not respecting the end date when set.
- Fix: The product sales export was showing incorrect amounts for orders with multiple items, or partially refunded orders.
- Fix: For stores which collect sales tax, tax exempt fees sometimes had tax applied.
edd_store_discountnow accepts times for start/expiration dates.
- Fix: Users who are not also customers were unable to update their profile using the EDD profile editor.
- Fix: The pass ID for pro licenses could be incorrect in some cases.
- Fix: If EDD settings were removed, the telemetry data could cause a PHP notice.
- Dev: Third party developers who use EDD’s licensing screen can now customize licensing messages.
Version 3.8.8 — June 28, 2023
- New: Added support for IDN domains with license API.
- New: License upgrade URLs now support sending in the
license_keyin addition to the
- Improvement: We’ve improved the performance when getting licenses of a user by ID.
- Improvement: Unneeded legacy license meta for stores that migrated from custom post types to custom tables. This is being handled in a background process. You will be notified when the process starts and completes via the EDD notifications (or admin notices if you are EDD versions lower than 3.1.1)
- Improvement: Added optimized indexes to the licenses table and optimized queries for licenses.
- Fix: Some licenses could not be upgraded if the most recent order was refunded.
- Fix: The checkout block did not properly display license renewal line items.
- Fix: Removed uses of the
get_page_by_titlefunction as it was deprecated in WP 6.2.
- Fix: Renewal Notice editors did not have a proper section title in the Settings area.
- Fix: Getting a license’s activation limit was inconsistent.
- Fix: EDD 3.x – License renewal report was inaccurate when combined with Recurring Payments.
- Fix: When a license is revoked, the user is unsubscribed from renewal emails.
- Fix: Lifetime licenses could sometimes get set to expired.
- Fix: Software licensing reports did not account for renewal orders in the tiles.
- Fix: The quick actions for Software Licensing emails did not return the user to the proper settings page.
Version 2.8.1 — June 27, 2023
- Improvement: Vendor caching has been improved to ensure that cached values are cleared whenever a vendor object changes.
- Fix: Custom data was not saved for existing users who submitted vendor applications.
- Fix: In some cases, vendors were unable to upload files to their products.
- Dev: The build scripts have been updated.
Version 1.1.8 — June 15, 2023
- New: In EDD 3.x, new refunds for deposits will link to the refund order.
- Fix: Wallet deposits can now be refunded in EDD 3.x.