Version 3.0.1 — September 11, 2023
- Fix: Ensure that the pre-approval feature functionality is available when needed to process capturing a pre-authorized payment.
Version 3.0.0 — September 7, 2023
- Important: Requires Easy Digital Downloads 3.1.4 or greater, PHP 7.1 or greater, and WordPress 5.4 or greater.
- New: Updated to use the Easy Digital Downloads Extension Registry for consistency.
- New: Reduces code redundancy by removing Stripe core functionality that is already included in Easy Digital Downloads Core.
- New: Application fees are now based on license status. You need to activate and maintain a valid license key to remove application fees from purchases.
Version 2.9.6 — July 5, 2023
- Fix: Recurring products with free trials were immediately creating an invoice with Payment Elements.
- Fix: When using Payment Elements, clicking the purchase button did not show the loading animation.
- Fix: The list of countries which do not allow application fees has been updated.
- i18n: Comments have been updated for translators.
- Improvement: Stripe data will be included in the Site Health debug information with EDD 3.1.4.
Version 126.96.36.199 — June 5, 2023
- Fix: In some cases, the purchase form was not re-enabled after fixing HTML5 validation errors.
- Fix: Customers updating the payment method for a failing subscription could see an error message when the failed invoice was voided, even though the subscription was updated successfully.
Version 2.9.5 — May 25, 2023
- Fix: In some cases, the Stripe Payment Elements form was not re-enabled after amounts were updated.
Version 2.9.4 — May 24, 2023
- Improvement: When Stripe is disconnected, it’s removed from the active gateways to prevent a broken checkout experience.
- Improvement: Animations and transitions have been improved on checkout for a smoother experience.
- Fix: Some sites using Payment Elements and Recurring could have incomplete forms for updating subscription payment methods.
- Dev: A filter has been added to allow users to disable the card terms.
- Dev: For sites which do not have access to the legacy Card Elements, a toggle has been added to allow the ability to enable access. EDD debugging must be enabled to show this toggle.
Version 2.9.3 — April 28, 2023
- Improvement: Updated Payment Element for compatibility for more regional requirements.
- Improvement: Added Site Health information, for easier debugging.
- Dev: Improved the method to retrieve an account’s connected status.
Version 188.8.131.52 — April 17, 2023
- Improvement: Mandates are now supported, improving compatibility with banking regulations.
- Improvement: When required, the ‘Card Name’ field will be selectively shown.
- Improvement: Better handling of failed 3DS confirmations.
- Improvement: Failure rate detection improved with the Payment Element.
Version 184.108.40.206 — March 21, 2023
- Improvement: Store owners can now control which payment methods to accept within their Stripe Account.
- Improvement: We’ve added a better explanation for the Restrict Stripe Assets setting.
Version 2.9.2 — March 17, 2023
- Fix: Improve custom Payment Element rules to merge with existing.
- Fix: Single price products purchased through “Buy Now” no longer have a price ID assigned in the order items table.
- Dev: Unneeded source files are no longer included in the release.
Version 220.127.116.11/3 — March 15, 2023
- Fix: PHP 7.1 Compatibility.
Version 18.104.22.168 — March 14, 2023
- Fix: Ensure that Stripe only tries to verify the domain for Apple Pay when Stripe is connected.
- Improvement: Avoid a race condition when updating where a function might not be available for a moment.
Version 2.9.0 — March 1, 2023
- Important: This version of the Stripe Pro Gateway requires:
- Easy Digital Downloads 3.1 or greater
- WordPress 5.4 or greater
- PHP 7.1 or greater
- New: Introducing the new Payment Elements for faster, more secure, and more reliable payment processing.
- New: Apple Pay and Google Pay are integrated directly with Buy Now and Checkout.
- New: Adds Link by Stripe for more secure saved cards.
- New: More improved detection of theme styles to make Stripe feel part of your site.
- Fix: Improved the payment processing to be more reliable with Payment Elements.
- Fix: Billing details are now sent via the Payment Elements for more reliable customer information in Stripe.
- Fix: Documentation links have been updated to avoid any 404s and redirects.
- Note: Have you customized your checkout? Be sure to follow this guide to switch to the new Payment Elements.
- Note: Users upgrading from previous versions will remain on the Legacy Card Elements during this transition and can change to Payment Elements with the ‘Elements Mode’ setting within Downloads > Settings > Payments > Stripe.
Version 22.214.171.124 — December 28, 2022
- Fix: Send customer first and last name if present when creating Stripe customer.
- Fix: Avoid using deprecated agree to terms scripts in EDD 3.0+.
- Dev: Improved handling of Stripe connection process.
Version 2.8.13 — September 29, 2022
- Improvement: Optimized validation during checkout.
- Improvement: Optimized cleanup of logging.
- Improvement: Added better checkout session handling.
- Dev: Added card icon support to the gateway registration.
Version 2.8.12 — September 6, 2022
- Improvement: Session validation throughout Stripe actions has been updated to improve reliability.
- Improvement: Error messages have been updated to help customers with failed purchases know what action to take.
- Fix: Customers were not always automatically logged in with Auto Register’s successful purchase setting.
- Fix: When changing the store mode, the Stripe admin notice displayed incorrectly.
- Dev: Minimum required EDD version is now 2.11.
- Dev: The minimum WordPress version is now enforced in the plugin header and requirements function.
Version 2.8.11 — January 18, 2022
- EDD 3.0: Incorrect tax amount being charged when customer uses a different country from the store’s base country.
Version 2.8.10 — November 11, 2021
- Fix: Confusing language on confirmation prompt when cancelling a preapproved payment.
- Fix: Error when checking out with a 100% off discount code applied.
- Fix: License keys accidentally removed when upgrading from an older version of the plugin.
- Tweak: Removed manual API key management for new sites not already doing so.
- Dev: Rework how
Version 2.8.9 — September 20, 2021
- Fix: Transaction link not working if the payment is pre-approved.
- Fix: Stripe Connect not working with certain countries.
- Fix: Numeric product name causes error.
- Fix: Payments able to be marked for preapproval when they shouldn’t be.
- Fix: Update plugin header to use
Plugin URIinstead of
- EDD 3.0: Avoid using backwards compatibility layers for speed enhancements on admin orders page.
- EDD 3.0: Add labels to email tags.
Version 2.8.8 — June 14, 2021
- Improvement: When using the filter to adjust Stripe Element styles, we now merge those styles with the default generated ones.
- Improvement: The
edds_is_zero_decimal_currency()function now accepts an optional
$currencyparameter, so you can check any currency instead of just the shop’s selected currency.
- Fix: Fatal error when attempting to perform old database upgrades.
- Fix: Undefined index notice with Stripe Connect.
- Fix: EDD 3.0 – Stripe + Auto Register + Recurring not working together.