Version 2.3.10, March 4, 2021
- Fix: Email verification triggering unexpectedly when user registration is enabled.
- Fix: When verification email fails to send, the button gets stuck on "Please Wait..."
- Fix: Software Licensing - License keys not generated when "Bypass if Logged In" is enabled.
- Fix: ActiveCampaign - customers not getting added to list.
- Fix: GetResponse - customers not getting added to list.
- Fix: Auto Register - Users still incorrectly registered when "Bypass Auto Registration" is enabled.
- Tweak: Update plugin author / URI.
- Dev: EDD 3.0 compatibility.
Version 2.3.9, July 22, 2019
- Fix: When logged in on mobile and Admin Bar is visible, additional whitespace is created at the top of the page.
- Fix: On mobile, scrolling was sometimes prevented on pages that contained free download buttons.
Version 2.3.8, July 19, 2019
- Fix: Corrected an issue with a CSS comment that invalidated some styles.
- Fix: When bypass if logged in is selected and a user is logged in, non-variable priced products could cause orders with no products on them.
Version 2.3.7, April 26, 2019
- Fix: Corrected a case where a user who entered their email address would erroneously be told that an invalid item was specified when using the auto download complete handler.
Version 2.3.6, April 23, 2019
- Fix: Corrected an issue that allowed direct download for logged in users to bypass free product checks.
Version 2.3.5, November 21, 2018
- Fix: Emails not subscribed in MailChimp if email verification is enabled.
- Fix: First and last name not set on new user accounts when user registration is enabled.
Version 2.3.4, July 25, 2018
- Fix: Improved reliability of subscribing users to MailChimp when they opt in for free downloads.
Version 2.3.3, June 13, 2018
- Fix: MailChimp integration was giving inconsistent results from non-free purchases.
- Fix: Some hooks were missing from the purchase link if the user was logged in.
Version 2.3.2, May 19, 2018
- Fix: JS error when Direct Download is enabled and product has variable prices.
Version 2.3.1, May 14, 2018
- Fix: Email verification mode on mobile was showing JSON code instead of ajax-returning it.
Version 2.3, April 23, 2018
- New: Removed dependancy of Dashicons from the front end.
- New: Email Opt-in checkbox is now unchecked by default, with a setting to enabled it to be checked by default.
- Fix: Added 'loading' state between overlay and modal form loading, to improve UX on slower connections.
- Fix: Variable priced items were not presenting the Free Downloads form on mobile.
- Fix: PHP Notices were being generated when the users clicked the bypass link when information was not required.
Version 2.2.9, March 27, 2018
- Fix: Incorrect payment amount recorded when free download is processed while cart contains items with fees attached.
Version 2.2.8, March 8, 2018
- Fix: Undefined variable download_id
- Fix: Incorrect lists used in MailChimp integration
Version 2.2.7, January 25, 2018
- Fix: Fatal error could occur if no default list is configured in MailChimp 3.0.
Version 2.2.6, January 20, 2018
- Fix: Customer was not being attached to payment when modal bypass was enabled.
Version 2.2.5, January 18, 2018
- Fix: Compatibility with EDD MailChimp 3.0.
Version 2.2.4, January 9, 2018
- Fix: Bypass Modal if logged in was not working.
Version 2.2.3, January 8, 2018
- Fix: Updated JS files from 2.2.2 were not minified.
Version 2.2.2, January 6, 2018
- Fix: Direct download links do not work
- Fix: Files uploaded over http do not auto download on sites using https.
Version 2.2.1, December 5, 2017
- Fixed: Modal could not be re-opened after closing.
- Fixed: Free Downloads were not working in Firefox.
Version 2.2.0, November 28, 2017
- New: Completely refactored the modal to be more flexible and not rely on jBox.
- New: Add setting to make modal registration form fields optional (not required).
- New: Improved error messages provided to users.
- New: Added hooks to the Free Downloads form to allow customizations.
- New: Added email verification system, to help prevent fake email addresses from being used.
- New: Control which emails will specifically be sent when a free item is downloaded.
- New: The purchase key is now sent to the redirect URL, to allow further personalization.
- New: All purchase records have been updated to use the EDD_Payment class.
- New: "Bypass If Logged In" now supports variable pricing.
- Tweak: When the modal is opened, cursor focus is moved to the first modal input.
- Fix: Using any language except English resulted in the custom "Download Now" text not being used.
- Fix: Improved compatibility with themes that add CSS floats to forms.
- Fix: The On Complete handler was not always respected for logged in when bypass modal is enabled.
- Fix: File downloads from Amazon S3 / Dropbox faild when Auto Download was enabled.
- Fix: Occasionally the .zip archive file contained a 404 document.
- Fix: When download files via the Free Downloads modal, no file download logs were recorded.
- Fix: Cached multi-file archives were not always rebuilt when necessary, allowing stale files to be delivered.
- Fix: The modal
- Fix: On Mobile, it was possible for logged in users to get a 404 if the modal was blocked.
- Fix: The [edd_free_download] shortcode could show the popup modal even if logged in.
- Fix: In some cases the "Bypass If Logged In" setting allowed for a logged out user to bypass the modal.
- Fix: Logged in users did not get a purchase record created when the "Bypass If Logged In" setting was enabled.
- Fix: File downloads failed if a query string parameter existed in the URL and "Bypass If Logged In" was enabled.
- Fix: Inconsistant results when Auto Download and "Bypass If Logged In" were enabled, and no files were attached to the product.
Version 2.1.9, September 27, 2017
- New: Integration with ActiveCampaign
Version 2.1.8, September 6, 2017
- Fixed: Cached file respecting multiple variation configurations
- Fixed: Large files failing on Amazon/Dropbox
- Fixed: Minor JS bugs
- Fixed: Fatal error if EDD is disabled
- Fixed: Direct download support on mobile devices
- Added: Support for price_id in purchase_link shortcodes
Version 2.1.7, March 15, 2017
- Added: Support for Dropbox File Store
Version 2.1.6, December 15, 2016
- Improved: Notes loading UX
- Fixed: Free downloads not honoring purchase_link shortcode classes
Version 2.1.5, December 5, 2016
- Fix: Notes and auto-register bypass broken during last update
Version 2.1.4, December 2, 2016
- Fix: Bug which resulted in incorrect bundles when direct download was enabled
Version 2.1.3, December 2, 2016
- Fix: Bug which showed Download Now button on non-free variably priced products with Direct Download enabled
Version 2.1.2, November 11, 2016
- Fix: Security flaw resolved. Please update.
- Fix: PHP notices if product ID is missing from file download URL
- Fix: PHP notices if product does not contain a download file
Version 2.1.1, October 7, 2016
- Updated: Localization files
- Fixed: Bug which caused download button text to disappear in rare circumstances
Version 2.1.0, October 6, 2016
- Added: Option to disable auto-registration when using the EDD Auto-Register extension
- Added: Option to disable Free Downloads caching
- Added: Option to clear cache per-download and purge cache completely
- Added: Per-download note support
- Fixed: Shortcode purchase_link text parameter support
- Fixed: Variable prices not reliably downloading with auto-download
- Fixed: Amazon S3 files not being downloaded for single-download products
Version 2.0.0, September 29, 2016
- Fixed: Prevent single download buttons from disappearing on modal open
- Fixed: Issue with global email list signup on supported newsletters
- Updated: Localization .pot file
- Improved: Overhauled settings page
- Improved: Finally perfected support for multi-purchase mode
- Improved: Codebase cleanup and organization
- Improved: Free Downloads meta box on download edit pages
- Improved: Support for EDD core purchase link shortcode
- Added: edd_free_download shortcode
- Added: Direct download option
- Added: Option to over-ride download files with an archive for Free Downloads
- Added: Support for multi-file auto-download
- Added: Support for product bundles
- Added: Support for remotely-hosted files
Version 1.2.7, August 26, 2016
- Fixed: Bug with multi-option mode
Version 1.2.6, August 24, 2016
- Fixed: Fatal error after free download transaction
Version 1.2.5, August 23, 2016
- Added: Support for disabling Receiptful emails
- Added: Switch to template files for modals
- Added: Filterable helper function for errors
- Updated: JS tweaks
Version 1.2.4, August 17, 2016
- Fixes bug with modal window button labels
Version 1.2.3, July 22, 2016
- Fixed bug with multiple free downloads on one page
- Fixed incorrect textdomain in admin meta box
- Updated deprecated function
Version 1.2.2, May 13, 2016
- Fixed: Hardened price_id checks that allowed a paid download to be purchased for free with a specially crafted URL
Version 1.2.1, April 25, 2016
- Fixed: Bug which made first and last name required, even if the required checkbox wasn't checked
- Fixed: Tentatively fixed bug when using FacetWP
- Fixed: Email field not always being auto-selected properly
- Added: Support for HTML notes
Version 1.2, January 20, 2016
- Added: Support for variable pricing
- Added: Optional notes field for the download modal
- Added: Option to exclude products from using the modal
- Added: Purchase Limit integration
Version 1.1.2, January 13, 2016
- Fixed: Auto-download error
- Added: Support for new EDD settings sections
Version 1.1.1, December 14, 2015
- Fixed: Prevent modal from dying on missing or invalid email
Version 1.1.0, November 6, 2015
- Added: Opt-in settings for supported newsletter extensions
- Added: Status indicator for processing in modal
- Added: Better email sanitization
- Added: Better security handling for download processing
- Updated: Restructured settings panel
Version 1.0.8, July 2, 2015
- Fixed an issue with logged-in Subscribers not being able to see the confirmation page
Version 1.0.7, June 16, 2015
- Fixed a conflict with Buy Now buttons
Version 1.0.6, June 10, 2015
- Fix: Harden process free download endpoint
Version 1.0.5, May 11, 2015
- Tweak: Improved anti-spam protection
Version 1.0.4, April 20, 2015
- FIX: XSS vulnerability in query args
Version 1.0.3, April 13, 2015
- Compatibility fixes
Version 1.0.2, March 31, 2015
- Fixed a bug with capital letters in email addresses
- Fixed a bug with the Redirect to Checkout option
Version 1.0.1, March 18, 2015
- Drastically improved handling on mobile devices
- Added support for address tags to email validation
- Improved email validation regex
- Prevent deactivation if EDD isn't active
Version 1.0, March 2nd, 2015
- Initial release.
This extension adds improved support for free products in Easy Digital Downloads. Instead of sending users through the standard checkout process when downloading a free file, Free Downloads will display a modal window to the user asking them to enter their email address. After entering their information, the user will be either redirected to the success page or a custom page of your choosing, or their file will be automatically downloaded, depending on your configuration.
The download modal also includes support for the users first and last name, user registration, custom text, as well as requiring email address verification before delivering files.
Free Downloads also includes full purchase tracking and automatic integration with many of our mailing list extensions. If the mailing list extension, such as MailChimp, supports subscribing customers based on what item(s) is purchased, Free Downloads will automatically support subscribing emails to the service when a free download is processed.