With version 2.0 of Simple Shipping, you can now add a Shipping field to the product submission form in Frontend Submissions that allows vendors to specify the domestic and international shipping rates for each of their products. Shipping can be enabled on a per-product basis, allowing you to also create a mixed media marketplace where some products require shipping and others don’t.
Along with being able to specify shipping costs, vendors can also see the shipping info for customer orders and mark items as shipped directly from their vendor dashboard.
Watch the video below for an overview of how the setup works:
Answers to common questions:
1. Does Simple Shipping work with the Marketify theme?
Yes it does. The Simple Shipping extension has been fully tested with Marketify by both the Easy Digital Downloads team and the Astoundify team to ensure it’s 100% compatible.
2. Can vendors see customer shipping info?
Yes they can from the Orders tab of the Vendor Dashboard.
3. Can vendors send customers tracking numbers for shipped items?
There is not yet a specific process for it, but vendors could easily email their customers the info. We will be adding a standard system for entering tracking info in the near future.
4. Can vendors set the shipping rates separate for each product?
Yes, the domestic and international shipping rates are set on a per-product basis.
5. Can vendors modify the shipping rate after a product is published?
Yes, the shipping rate can be adjusted.
6. Do customers get notified automatically when an item is marked as shipped?
Not at this time but it is on our immediate todo list.
7. Is there support for external shipping APIs like EasyPost to calculate exact shipping fees?
Not at this time but it is definitely on the roadmap.
If you have any questions or issues, let us know in the comments or via our Support Team.