PayPal Pro and PayPal Express
This two-in-one gateway add-on allows you to accept payment through PayPal Pro and PayPal Express. When purchasing downloads through the PayPal Pro, users enter their credit card details during the checkout process and never leave your site, resulting in a better experience for the user, and more successful conversions for you. When checking out with PayPal Express, the user experience is very similar to PayPal standard, except it is more secure.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Does this PayPal Gateway support the Recurring Payments extension?
No, not at this time.
Does this plugin support In-Context Checkout?
Yes it does! Since version 1.4, the In-Context Checkout for PayPal Express can be enabled from the Payment Gateways settings tab.
Which countries does this extension support?
PayPal Website Payments Pro is only available to merchants in the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.
PayPal Express is available to merchants in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom or the United States
Do I need an SSL certificate?
If using PayPal Pro to process credit cards, you must have an SSL certificate. An SSL certificate is not required for PayPal Express, though it is highly recommended. See our documentation for assistance with obtaining an SSL certificate.
Users who purchased PayPal Pro and PayPal Express, also purchased:
Version 1.4.1, January 15, 2016
- Fixed an incompatibility with EDD Wallet
- Added support for new subsections in the Settings screen
Version 188.8.131.52, November 5, 2015
- Merchant ID's are not surrounded by trim();
- Check that the cart total is greater than 0 (prevent in-context from activating)
- Fix issue with duplicate payment ID's being created during in-context checkout.
Version 1.4, November 2, 2015
- Added ability to process refunds
- Added In-Context checkout for PayPal Express (requires Merchant ID)
- Updated AJAX validation for the checkout form
- Updated validation for PayPal IPN
- Fix issues with processing payments that include tax and discounts
- Compatibility updates with EDD
Version 1.3.11, February 11, 2015
- Send shipping / billing address to PayPal if it is present.
Version 1.3.10, December 16, 2014
- Fixed an undefined index error in PayPal Pro
Version 1.3.9, September 2, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused pending eCheck purchases to be considered complete
- Added transaction ID logging for new API in EDD 2.1
Version 1.3.8, August 26, 2014
- Fixed a conflict with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin
- Improved the processing of purchase confirmations in PayPal Express
Updated licensing code to be compliant with new EDD standards.
Fixed a sometimes-conflict with Jetpack and other plugins that output content in the header.
Fixed an undefined index error.
Fixed an issue with discount codes.
Added complete localization.
Added support for the new fee API coming in EDD 1.5.
January 12, 2013
Added payment notes for recording PayPal transaction IDs.
Fixed compatibility issues with EDD 1.4.1.
Made a minor improvement to how the payment ID is retrieved.
Fixed an issue with payments through Express getting marked as \"Failed\".
Fixed a significant security issue with PayPal Express.
Added support for WPML locale detection.
Fixed missing customer names in PayPal Pro.
Fixed a bug with first/last names not getting carried over to PayPal.
Fixed an issue with payments not getting confirmed (PayPal Express).
Added Taxed amount to payment confirmation (PayPal Express).
Added gateway error logging.
Added automatic failed payment detection.
Added automatic plugin updater.
Fixed a bug with currency codes in PayPal Express.
Updated the credit card form to use the default credit card form included with EDD instead of a custom one.
Fixed some formatting issues with payment confirmation prices.
Fixed a major bug that caused declined payments with PayPal Express to be considered complete.
Fixed a bug with PayPal Express and non USD currencies.
Fixed a problem with HTML entities getting decoded correctly in the PayPal purchase description.
Pre-filled fields when an error occurs so buyers are not forced to re-enter everything.
Fixed a spelling error with the Year field.
Improved credit card form markup.
Added a fieldset legend.
Added .card-expiration to the expiration date wrapper.
Fixed a bug that occurred while processing credit cards.
Fixed a miss-named field.
Added support for variable prices.